Sunday, December 28, 2008

Lights out and Lets Party


It looks like potato chips falling from the sky today WOWWWWW! Scott was trying to get a path cleared so the family could come to our house tonight for our Coombs Christmas Party. Then the power went out and we thought for sure it would come on in a few hours at least. We found all the candles in the house and the flash lights before he got to dark. Hopeing still that the power would be on by 5:oo when the party started NOT! So we started the party in the dark well under candlelight I am sure we won't forget this party. Thank goodness for a Flash on the Cameras. We still had a Great Time even if there were few glitches. White Elephant gifts, Ma and Pa's gifts, usually they come around on Christmas morning to share their gifts at each of our homes, but Grandpa was working to clear the roads and wasn't sure when he would be home. It seemed like we got one storm right after the other.so he and his crew had to stay working non stop all day and night to try and keep up. So Grandma decided to bring them to the party Whats a party with out a few extra gifts right. We also exchanged name gifts along with GAMES and FOOD. The power came on about 7:00 so we went down stairs and played the reindeer game, check out the picture it was fun. It was a great Party though everyone was wanting to get home and out away from the bad roads and yucky weather. WE MISSED YOU GRANDPA!!!
Posted by Picasa

7 comments:

Alison said...

Looks like you are having fun Family time this Christmas time. Your family is just too cute. I know I say that a lot but they are all adorable!

About Us said...

Looks like you guys had a good Christmas! And you are enjoying your days off from work:)I sure do love ya!

Anonymous said...

How fun to have a party by candlelight!! I bet you'll never forget it, plus I bet it was awesome to have Cody there :)

Jen Jensen said...

Janiece, it looks like you had a great Christmas... so did we. Even though the weather was crazy, we were all together & had alot of fun. The kids get so excited. It is fun to see your family. Your kids are all so cute, your girls are gorgeous! & getting so old. Merry Christmas & Happy New Year!

Heather said...

I was waaaay jealous of how peaceful your Christmas Eve was. I was still running around like a one legged man in a butt kickin' contest and Santa on my tail too and you and your sweet family was eating cheese and crackers so peacefully when I stopped by. Sigh... Next year, that's what I'll be doing. So glad you had a great holiday! Sure do love you guys! :)

Becki said...

What a fun party! You will always remeber that one! I'm glad you had a good holiday! We need to get together!

grandma Deb said...

THANKS for being the best hostess ever I appreciate how your family loves to have parties at you home. You don't even get flusturd How do you do it? I hope we can always have good times together. Thanks again for the pleasant way you handled evything that went on that night. It was a great memory!!!!