Friday, November 14, 2008

:( Shelby Saga :(

These pictures say alot about one that has not felt her best:(
Wow! what a rollercoaster of a few weeks we have had. Shelby has not felt well, first of all she started breaking out (zits) ok I know she is becoming a teenager and they come with the age. But it was some serious infection ones. Then she got a bad tooth ache and had to have a root canal done. Poor girl:( Then she started getting a bladder infection:( and this last sunday she went outside to clean up her pitching cage, she was trying to pull the stakes out of the ground and gave it all she had and still could not get them out. She came in the house and didn't really complain (that is Shelby for ya she is tough) then about 2 hours later we were at Grandma Newmans and she was in alot of pain in her back. Here comes the brilliant mother thing duh I am thinking give her plenty of water it could be her bladder, or aunt visiting. Monday we get up for school and she can hardly move, she is in tears we sit down and try to figure out what she could have done. (trying to pull the stakes out of the ground) I felt that she must have injured her back and we better get her into the chiropractor. Sure enough her L3,L4 & L5 are out. She is 12, and active, plenty of exercise this shouldn't happen to her.... So the poor thing can't sit in a chair, lie down or do nothing to get comfort. Thursday comes and she still is not well, she started getting a fever off an on and so we went to see the DOC. She has a high kidney infection also , hence the back pain.... but the lower part of her back hurts also, her kidneys and bladder are infected and swollen and putting pressure on the muscles in her lower back which caused it to be weak. Could be the reasoning behind an active 12 yr old hurting her back the way she did. So she missed a week of school (end of trimester no less) and now we are waiting for results to her kidneys. Yes, I did have her get a flu shot while we were into the doc I am so mean but she said it never even hurt and she hopes that it keeps her from catching the flu. She is wanting to be back to normal she is tired of all this crap.

She has had alot of phone calls of concern for her. What sweet friends and family that show how much they care. Monday Dad and Grandpa gave her a blessing, Wednesday night Jaeleen brought over movies, this morning Kim brought over cinnamon rolls for her THANK YOU! Shelby is so lucky to be loved by so many friends and family. Friends from school have been texting her all week worried about her (rumors of her having a broken back -not true)

I wish I myself could have taken this all away for her. I would rather be the one ill and hurt than my kids. It can be such an emotional rollercoaster for any mom when it comes to her kids when they are sick. Shelby has had a blessing and many prayers and we know that she will get feeling better soon. We love you sis!

8 comments:

Amy Jo said...

Poor girl...when it rains it pours. We hope you get feeling better soon. If you want a movie buddy...give Karlee a call.

About Us said...

Oh, how sad! I feel bad for the poor girl. I hope she gets well soon:)

Heidi said...

stets wants to come up and see her maybe sunday afternoon?

Tracy said...

So glad the rumor I heard wasn't true! Broken back in 3 places. Tell her we're thinking of her, I hope the dr. doesn't have more bad news when the tests come back. Thanks for letting us know how she's doing!

TiffaniS said...

So sad she's been so sick! She looked so beautiful (and grown up!) at church today! Glad you're on the up-swing Shelby!

amber said...

Soryy to hear she's been sick. I sure hope she's feeling better!

Alison said...

By the end of this post I was almost crying for her. Poor girl, I hope everything turns around for her FAST!

Arlene said...

Oh, I feel bad I didn't even know till today when I had a chance to read your blog! I hope she's feeling better, I had a kidney infection when I was about her age and they are really painful!
Keep your chin up Shelby, we love you!