Monday, November 24, 2008

Our Wrestler

Wrestling is now over, until Feb-Mar when traveling begins. Mick had a Great time and has learned so much and improved each week. Saturday was the big day of Champions, it came down to the Gray team (micks) and the White team. The coaches had the boys pumped and ready. Mick had won his first two matches and was in for the 3rd . He comes over to scott and I and says "my team is counting on me to get a pin so we can win there will be lots of cheering when I wrestle if I pin the guy mom" I told him yes there would be lots of cheering but you just go out there and do your best. (NO PRESSURE from us or the coaches right) Well he did do his best Mick was so determined, he had his game plan in his head and went out on the mat and took care of business he had the kid pinned in less than 23 seconds. I couldn't even get a good picture it happened so fast. Because they score with all of your team points together they came up a little short and ended up with second. But they were all still happy and proud that they tried there best! WAY TO GO GRAY TEAM!! and WAY TO GO MICK you are awesome and we are proud of you. I am especially proud that you are a good sport and will go shake hands to the coaches and the co wrestlers and telling them good job after the match. You are growing up fast and becoming to learn good sportmanship, which to me and your dad is so very important to have as an athlete. Thank you to all the family that came to support mick. He has learned alot of his Good attitude because of you. GOOD JOB BUD! We love you to the moon and back.

Bear River Gray Team 2nd place winners!

4 comments:

Angie said...

Good job Mick! We're proud of you too. . especially that you have good sportsmanship!

Michelle said...

My name is Michelle Kidman Hartfiel and I found your blog. I think my son would love to wrestle. Would you be able to give me some contact information to a coach. How old to they need to be to start? Thanks for your help and time.

TiffaniS said...

GO MICK!

April Greener said...

Mick-you are going to follow in your Uncle Chad's footsteps!

SO proud of you! You are growing up so fast!!