This week I went down to a conference in Sandy with my family Dad, Mom, Jamie, Cody, Chad and Wanda. My dad had been nominated for an award. It was the Career Achievement Award. Way to go Dad we are so proud of you and all the hard work you do. Dad has worked for the Utah Department of Transportation since he was 18 -42 years. He is nearing retirement soon. He has been acknowledged with many different awards. He takes a lot of pride in his job and is a prime example of an honest hard working man. He does wear lots of orange but you never would catch him standing on the side of the road holding up a shovel Jk. I love ya dad. We all had so much fun that night they had a lot of different booths set up for all employees to get information on and free stuff like pens, notebooks, cones, pamphlets, little trucks, and more. I started getting a collection and the rest of the gang then joined in. It was kinda fun to see who got the most( my dad thought we were crazy) After we mozyied around we went to find our seats for the dinner. WOW! talk about fancy I think there was 4 forks there which one do you use for what. Chad said "it is just food do we have to use all these forks", I was thinkin the poor dish washers. I see no need for all the fancy stuff but it still was fun. After the dinner we were walking out and I told Jamie to put the orange cone on her head and walk by dad (he gets so embarrassed easy). Turn around and I will take a picture. We were laughing so hard it was so much fun to be with family and laugh together.
My Parents, I just LOVE these two people so much they are both such great examples to me.Hurry Jamie catch up to Dad , he will love walking next to you! .jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
Hey Dad who is the cute blonde with the orange cone on her head?
.jpg)
You don't want your picture taken with the cute gal and the orange cone?








4 comments:
That was a fun night. Jim needs to have a little fun. He was so stressed, and nervouse. I don't blame him though. cute pics
Good job Jim!! I just love your parents, they are both so sweet. We sure missed you today at our super saturday:)
Nice tribute to your dad!
I dont know your paps so well but joe says to me all the time what a fun guy he is to be around. Looks like you had a great time with the fam!
Post a Comment