Sunday, October 12, 2008

"I FARM SO YOU CAN EAT"




This is one of Scott's favorite sayings. There are always some complaints towards farmers at sometime but for the most this saying says it all. What would we do without the farmers. Farmers what hard workers they are and how grateful we are to be apart of this generation. Our family just finished up there fall harvest of corn chopping and I just wanted to share some great pics. Everyone is involved some how or another with this harvest. Dougs felocity is "MANY HANDS MAKE LIGHT WORK". There are always helping hands around and Doug and Roger are grateful and appreciate all the help they get. To family, friends and neighbors it all can get done.

7 comments:

TiffaniS said...

I really don't know a harder working group than farmers! They dedicate their lives to their work. I so appreciate the work ethic & values kids learn by growing up on the farm. I hope my kids will be able to help their Grandpa as they get older.

The Doutre Family said...

You're right! They farm so I can eat! I've learned to appreciate farmers since I've been in Utah. Thanks farmers!

Amy Jo said...

Sigh....always nice to see that silage pit full. I loved driving the corn truck. I liked the smell of fresh corn silage. Farmer girl, I know.

About Us said...

I LUV the pics. & thanks so much for all your hard work, keeping all us fed! Good job Scott on the new camera:)

Heather said...

To the Newman family: THANKS FOR FARMING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! The Strong's appreciate you. Glad you work your fanny's off so we can eat! Farmers are my heros, my grandparents are farmers too: sugar beets mostly. Thanks for what you do, and thanks for being such great friends to us!

April Greener said...

Yeah for farmers! I know I can't claim to be much of a "farm-girl" but I always stand up for farmers-they are under-appreaciated and under-payed in my opinion!

Anonymous said...

We love you farmers!!! (As long as you pay your feed bill:))