Thursday, September 4, 2008

Labor Day

We usaually don't get away on this weekend. We are usually helping more on the farm but, scott was anxious and ready for a little r&r time and no phone service. It was fabulous weather and great fun. We went to Beaver Mountain with mom and dad Coombs, Chad, Wanda and Colter and our Family. We took the 4-wheelers and 2 dirt bikes. We rode the bikes, ate lots of food, took naps, played cards, wore sweatshirts, roped the boys, listened to the rain and just relaxed with no phones to bug ANYONE it was an Awesome weekend. Mick found some used riding gear for $30 that he paid for all by himself. He used the money he earned at the fair with his bucket calf. He was so excited to use it this weekend but, Colter was just as excited also.

We arrived around 7:30 at camp had dinner and visited. Dad, Chad and Mick rode Saturday on the Highland trail (rough ride) Scott took a nap. Saturday night we sat around the camp fire and listened to some fun musicians that were at camp (ugly earl). Sunday we all rode to a plane crash site (smoother ride). Monday we woke up to snow but never complained because it was just beautiful falling in big flakes with the big green trees in the background. The kids are always so grateful when we go camping I love it when they all say "Thanks Mom and Dad for taking us camping it has been so fun and pretty up here in the mountains". We feel very blessed to live in such a beautiful area that we can just pack up and go and it is only 1 hour away. We love Fall time and can't wait to get back up to the canyon to see the Fall leaves.


Always a little fun with the ropes

Plane crash site 10 miles from camp

Always a good game going on when were camping

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Glad you got to get away & I love your outlook on the whole weather thing. Way to be positive!!

Katie B said...

Looks like fun! I always love Beaver Mtn!

Glad you all had a great time! :D

Amy Jo said...

We went to that airplane crash a few years ago. It was a great time for camping with the fam...my sister saw you guys when they drove up by your camp sight looking for the garbage bins.
Glad you had a great weekend!

Heather said...

I'm jealous of your camping trip. It's been way too long since we had a chance to go! So glad you took a break from the farm and fair-ing! And wow, that string sale sounds great. I wish I'd known about it. My kids tried to sell rocks...it wasn't very prosperous.
Great pics!

Anonymous said...

HA HA!!! Of course you can peek and but know we will be peeking back. Thats cool that you found us. Your blog looks great and filled with lots of good times. See you this weekend!!!

Jeremy and Ruth said...

HA HA!! Thats cool that you found us. Its cool to see everybody that blogs. FYI...its okay to peek cause we are going to be sneaking up on your blog too.

Jeremy and Ruth said...

HAHA Thats cool that you found use on the blog. I don't mind if you are peekin cause ill be peeking on yours!!

Chris and Cali said...

I'm glad you found us! Of course, you can check it out. As you can see, I have already checked yours out and added you to my list. I just love watching our kids grow up! And blogging is a fun way to do it. Have fun!
Cali