Tuesday, October 27, 2009


Our trip started off early leaving Salt lake City and flying to Chicago. We then toured the AWESOME Willis Tower (sears tower) It is HUGE.. I am very scared of EDGES so my stomach had butterflies but I was here and told myself I may never come here again so take the chance and enjoy the journey.. We went 103 floors in less than 60 seconds, we looked over the city and beyond the city, we stepped into the glass box to have nothing under our feet (SCARY I nearly threw up). It was an amazing building. We survived CHICAGO, though I thought it was a DIRTY city.



There was over 52,000 kids in attendance. It was a warm fuzzy feeling seeing all those kids dressed in ther ffa jackets and proud to be a part of an AWESOME organization. Mike Rowe from Dirty Jobs was one of the speakers for opening session. He was so positive to the students and gave them lots of encouragement to better there lives through this great FFA.

Shaunie and Tyrell were partners in there AGRI-SCIENCE project they worked well together. They had interviews, an open house, a special luncheon just for the agri-science state winners. They were each told that they were winners because they were there at NATIONAL level. Each of our BR Chapter kids came home with SILVERS!!!


There was lots of time for FUN, and playing around. We liked the arcade, shopping, more shopping, the career center, the FFA Mall, walking, driving, walking and driving.
We went to a Hypnotist Friday night we were on the seventh row so some of us tried to see if it would work on us sitting there in the audience I think after that shaunie and I could easily be hypnotized CRAZY!! Before the show began they played music and some of the kids got up to dance. Shaunie tried to get some from her chapter to dance but they were all to shy so she drug Wyatt up there for one and then went and ask someone from Texas for a line dance.. I was proud that she would be brave and do that cuz I am not sure I would of done something like that at her age "You Go Girl" That night was LOTS of FUN!!
Posted by Picasa

0 comments: