Monday, July 6, 2009

COOMBS STAYCATION

We have been having our COOMBS Reunion over the 4th of JULY for nearly 15 years. We always go camping together as a FAMILY and go to the fireworks in Logan even if we have to drive from the canyon. This year we tried a little something different we called it a STAYCATION and camped in our BACKYARD for the weekend. We pitched tents and brought trailers to sleep in we had the BIG pop up out for shade and had lots to entertain us. Though it don't take much to entertain us we are all pretty entertaining ourselves hahahaha!!

WE HAD SO MUCH FUN!!! And it was convenient for all those that schedules were a bit conflicting and it saved us all LOTS of MONEY!.....

"IT DOESN'T MATTER WHERE YOU ARE AS LONG AS YOU ARE WITH FAMILY"



Before the FIREWORKS started we had pizza and rootbeer floats and enjoyed watching the kids entertain themselves in the parking lot at Lowe's. With the cart, the skateboard, the hill to roll down and the sidewalk between the cat-tails


Grandpa does not like his picture takin and so Shleby is more than willing to help out with making sure we get a good shot of him. Them two are always teasing each other!


I love the SMILES on the faces of my FAMILY when we are together!

Posted by Picasa

7 comments:

Tawnie! said...

What a fun family you are! These are memories that will last forever and you're right...they can happen in your own back yard! I love to see your mom on the slip and slide! Too fun! Keep up the smiles - good to see ya at Kents! I won't tell if you won't tell! haha

Anonymous said...

What a great idea!! I LOVE it!!

grandma Deb said...

I have heard alot of people say that they had never heard of a staycation. Now we know that it will work I think we might have to try it again. All the worry and frett was worth it, look at all those smiles..You are the best!!!!!

Tawnie! said...

So the fried pickles was a recipe I got from Studio 5! They were really yummy! The recipe said to use pickle spears but I used the hamburger chips and they were great. You can dip them in ranch or they were great on their own! You have to try it!

TiffaniS said...

Your blog page is so darn cute! It looked like quite the party! Fun times. You're right about it not mattering where but with who! You take the best pictures!

All About Us said...

You are a Great family thanks for a fun weekend. We can have fun no matter where we are. Thanks for all the fun.

Heather said...

Will you adopt us? Please???? Wow! I'm so impressed, I know you were stressing about it. I kept waiting for you to call me for help. You never did which means you're SUPER WOMAN! So glad it was a success! How fun to have the elders there too! Great pics!