Monday, June 8, 2009

Learning Adventure

MIck has had quite a season of Baseball! He has had many learning opportunities, he has made many new friends, has had to step it up in the RESPONSIBILITY department and he is having a GREAT time!!! Mick is usually the one that won't speak up but will LISTEN when needed. He has had an opportunity to take his turn at pitch ya we were all a little shocked when he started throwing the ball like a little rocket. His coach put him in for the first time a couple weeks ago and he did AWESOME throwing fast hard strikes. He struck a few out and nearly got hit in the face with a great pitch with a hit back to the pitcher, good thing he used his mitt to protect himself. He has a long way to go with this position and other positions he is working on but what is summer for right!!!

BASEBALL*BASEBALL*BASEBALL

"GIVING IT YOUR ALL"

We LOVE watching these YOUNG boys play. It is alot for there little brains to take in all the plays and action of the GAME. Mick has great support from family and friends that attend the games.
It takes many to raise a Ballplayer and we are so GRATEFUL to ALL!!
I loved this saying on the back of an umpires shirt
"REMEMBER
it is only a GAME"
Posted by Picasa

5 comments:

TiffaniS said...

GO MICK!! I love the umps shirt! Every umpire should have one of those.

kim said...

Mick did such an awesome job pitching in both games!! I think us
parents definately need reminded some
days that it's only a game!!

grandma Deb said...

Way to go Mick I love that Mick is so calm about what ever he is doing!! He doesn't show his fear until later. I am so proud of him!!! Grandma loves BASEBALL,so please don't leave me home.

Amy Jo said...

Way to go Mick! I like the saying on the shirt too! I think they should hang that banner at all games!

Tracy said...

I can't believe he's that old! It looks like he loves the game just like the rest of the family. Go Mick!