Wednesday, April 15, 2009

NO MORE TONSILS!!!

Spring break was Micks weekend to recover. YEAH them darn Tonsils are out of there, they have been a pain in the neck for months now.. Wednesday morning we arrived at the Hospital of course mick was in his john deere jammies and his john deere blanket with him and walked in to the surgery room where the best nurse at the Hospital was there (Rachel Rudd) to take care of him in her John deere cap with green john deere socks and green john deere green blanket to send home with him.. Then Layne comes in his John Deere cap and Dr Rod says he will put his John Deere scrubs on.. I think it must be known that Mick is a BIG John Deere fan..

Mick was the best patient at the hospital he was so brave the only tears he had was after Rachel left the room when she was done with his I V. and that was only a couple of tears. The surgery went great and them big Tonsils were much happier in the bottle than in Micks throat.

AND then the excitement began. The nurse came and told mick that he could get dressed and we could wait until the Dr. came to check on him and then we could take him home.... no more than 2 minutes after she told him to get dressed he was done and headed for the escape route. I turned around and he was gone. Scott thought he was just checkin things out NOT!!! I seen him near the door and we made eye contact then he was gone in a flash like a dead run for the exit doors. Picture this me chasing this little guy in a new hospital we get him stopped and he says "I just want to go HOME now!" We patiently wait in the breezeway while dad gets the car and the doctor comes there at the front doors to release this impatient little boy who want to go Home NOW!!! Dr Rod says "Mick I have never had a patient literally run away and escape from the hospital, you are the first for this one. Good memories mick we are still laughing over this one... He is doing great and ready to get back to normal. It is probably a good thing the weather hasn't been the best because he wants to be outside.

Posted by Picasa

9 comments:

About Us said...

What a cute little guy,I'm glad he is feeling better. And how fun for him to have all the hospital staff wearing John Deere:)

All About Us said...

Mick those tonsils are SICK!! I am glad that you are doing better. Yes you will always get a good laugh at the hospital experience

TiffaniS said...

K...so the tonsils in the jar are pretty gross! I'm glad it all went well and that he is starting to feel better! What a great little man Mick is! We miss him when he's not in Primary!

grandma Deb said...

Mick you are a lot of fun to be around even when you are down and out. You always make us laugh. We were very proud of you and how brave you were. I now you will be so happy those darn tonsils are gone. Keep up the good work of getting better and we can't wait to see you on the ballfield. Love you tons !!!!!!

Tawnie! said...

Oh my - I laughed out loud about the escape story! I could just picture it! I hope Mick is feeling better. Aren't you glad we have such a great new hospital with excellent staff for these things! I think it's great! Keep smiling!

Amy Jo said...

Funny story! You really picked a great weekend to get it done. Too chilly to do too much. I am glad we are able to help him out school. I like it when the Bothwell kids feel comfortable to come to us for anything. :)

Our Newman 6 said...

Amy Jo Thanks again for helping Mick..I to am so glad to have so many Bothwell friends working with our kids we are all truly blessed in so many ways.. ALso it is a good threat to the kids to know that someone is always watching that can tell mom hahahahaha

Anonymous said...

I love that "escape" story!! & I also love that everyone was in John Deere for him...the great thing about living in a small community!! I hope he's feeling better. I know after Jace got his out he was like a whole new boy!!

Anonymous said...

I just have to say Mick was a GREAT patient. He was so Brave. I hope you are feeling better Mick.
Love ya Rachell